Round One –Quarter Turns and Mandatory Comparisons
Contestants will be brought out all at once and brought through quarter turns. Solid color Two-Piece Suits are required. Ornamentation, like sequins, is permitted. No thongs permitted. Oil should be light, if at all. Jewelry and hairpieces may be worn. No props are used. No heels or sneakers permitted.
Judges are scoring Shape/Symmetry and Tone/Condition and Athleticism. Keep smiling and listen to the calls. Shape includes how the muscle groups are developed, structure, balance, completeness. Symmetry is how they fit together, the harmony and proportion of the physique. Athleticism is the overall appearance, style, fitness level.
Quarter turns are followed by five mandatory poses. All of these are executed with open palm and personal stance.
- Front open Biceps-one leg to side is norm
- Side chest, hands extended forward, leg position optional-extended is norm
- Rear open Biceps- pop hip to side, one leg to side is norm
- Side Triceps, leg position optional-extended is norm
- Hands over head abs and thighs, choice of position
The Physique Division permits creative poses for these body parts. The goal is for the athlete to present their shape and style as best they can, with polish and presentation playing a large part in overall placing.